The Orange County Food Council, established in 2016, is conducting a search for a part-time council coordinator to work up to 20 hours per week to support the work of the Council and its workgroups. This will be a contractor position with the United Way of the Greater Triangle. The duties are as follows to work for a period of eight months with an option to continue, dependent on funding:
- Logistical support of the OCFC including securing space, sending correspondence, and securing guest speakers and necessary supplies (up to 5 hours each month).
- Attend all meetings of OCFC, take and distribute minutes; including attendance record keeping (up to 5 hours each month). Attend workgroups as necessary.
- Prepare for all meetings, including participation in the agenda setting meetings with OCFC leadership and Community Food Strategies (up to 10 hours each month)
- Continuous update of electronic communications including website, Facebook and Twitter (up to 3 hours each month).
- Assist in drafting the action plan for the OCFC.
- Assist in planning for the community forums including conducting outreach and advertising, securing space, supplies, and refreshments, and keeping records of the proceedings of the forums.
- Working with staff of the Family Success Alliance to assess food insecurity in their two regions.
- Assist in Grant Writing
- Work with the OCFC leadership to reevaluate these activities and time-frames every three months.
- Submit no more than once each month an invoice for activities completed to one of the co-chairs of the Orange County Food Council by the 5th of each month.
Please submit a cover letter and resume’ to OCFC co-chair Jenn Weaver at email@example.com by October 31, 2016.